National History Fair

Friday, January 30, 2004 at 9:06 AM | Filed under

Last night, I went to one of Stephanie's school fair things. The National History Fair. It was okay. There were some really good posters. One of my favorite ones was Stephanie's poster about the history of computers, but I had to like that because she's my sister and I helped a little bit. I also liked the poster about the big Seattle fire (I've been on the underground tour) and the one about crime scene investigations. The girl was doing gel electrophoresis! That was a little interesting, but I've already done it before... yawn...

I think the funniest poster was the one that said "Pearl Harbor" on the top, and nothing underneath it. I mean, the poster was blank except for the title! When Kevin and I walked by it, the boy shouted to somebody else, "We're gonna fail!" It was a little funny to see a blank poster. Oh, and there was also a breast implant poster. There were signs that said "Adult Material. View at your own discretion," but Kevin and I walked to the poster the back way, so we didn't see the signs the first time. Later, there were a bunch of kids (especially boys) who were disgusted by the grotesque pictures, saying things like "Oh my gosh, I can't look at this," and everybody was screaming. Their reactions were funny. I think the most popular poster was the video games history because the boy brought a small TV, NES, and a PS2.

Dad was leaving, but Kevin, Mom, and I stayed to watch the performances in Room 4, the drama room. However, none of us knew where Room 4 was, so we had to go check the map near the entrance. When Kevin and I got to the drama room (Mom was lagging behind), there was a woman in front of the doors. We started to walk in, but she said, rather rudely, "The drama room is full." I snapped my fingers and said, "Darn!" Then, she said (again, rudely), "It's parents only." Well, fine. I didn't want to see the kids act anyway! They shouldn't have made the announcement if (1) they wouldn't have enough room, and (2) if their fellow students and students' siblings can't watch it. Instead, we watched the documentaries, which were nothing but PowerPoint Presentations, half of which had no narration or sound.

Comments:

There are 0 comment(s) for National History Fair